Brief Description: The Winona County Collaborative (WCC) is an integrated Family Service and Children's Mental Health collaborative. The mission of WCC is to develop an integrated network of supports and services, which strengthens children and families. The intent is to provide improved outreach, service coordination and multi-agency planning around a system of care that focuses on early intervention and prevention services that targets at-risk children and their families.
Full description: The mission of the Winona County Collaborative is to develop an integrated network of supports and services, which strengthens children and families. The intent is to provide improved outreach, service coordination and multi-agency planning around a system of care that focuses on early intervention and prevention services that targets at risk children and their families.
The goals of the early intervention and prevention services are:
· Enhancing family support and children’s physical and mental health services
· Developing a seamless system of services, including those available through corrections, education, health care, and social services, with the focus on the needs of the children
· And preventing out-of-home placement for children considered “at risk” due to abuse, neglect, delinquency, pregnancy, economic situation, involvement in domestic abuse or other situations
The Collaborative receives federal revenue through the Local Collaborative Time Study, partner contributions, other revenue sources captured through billing methods and with some Collaborative programming such as Ready Set School, donations are sought within the community.
Collaboratives must establish funding priorities based on needs in the communities they serve. In August of 2000, the Collaborative Board established the following strategic outcomes to guide and influence all future financial and programmatic decision-making as it relates to services for children and families living in Winona County. Those strategic outcomes are:
· Young children and their families are healthy and well nourished
· Families and communities provide a safe and stable environment for all children and youth
· Children and youth are ready to learn, make academic progress, and achieve competencies in school and demonstrate life-long skills
· Families are supported by their communities
· Parent and child relationships are supportive
· And collaborative will have community recognition
Eligibility: Contact the Collaborative for flex fund needs of families.
Contact: Dina Bishara
Fees: No fee for services.
Phone: (507) 494-0900
Winona County Collaborative
Address: 902 E. 2nd St., Suite 330
City/St/ZIP: Winona MN 55987
Winona County Collaborative provides services in these categories:
- Children & Youth Services